For the sake of this document:
- All JAW/FTMA representatives on-site and involved in programming are referred to as “staff” (This includes full-time staff, part-time staff, adult volunteers, or interns).
- All individuals engaged in the golf environment are referred to as “patrons.”
- All procedures are based on the most recent guidelines provided by our state and local government. Guidance is subject to change over time, and based on the applicable jurisdiction(s).
If any of the following applies to you, please STAY AT HOME!
- Medication was used to lower temperature in the last 72 hours.
- Patron has been exposed to the coronavirus in the last 14 days.
- Patron is awaiting test results in the last 14 days.
- Individuals experiencing symptoms that may be related to COVID-19; cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing or at least two of these symptoms; fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
- JAW/FTMA will manage check in to ensure 6 feet of separation between individuals.
- In lieu of handshakes, individuals will be asked to use tipping of the cap, or other non-contact means of personal acknowledgement.
- JAW/FTMA will provide barriers and signage in the golf environment area instructing patrons of enhanced sanitation procedures, social distancing and other instructions.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE):
- Patrons will be encouraged to wear masks or other nasal and mouth coverings (e.g. bandanna). 1
- ENTER and EXIT ONLY access will be enforced.
- The following are wiped down with disinfectant spray or wipes regularly throughout the day during operation: keyboards, touch screens, pro shop counter, doors, door handles, high touch area and restroom facilities.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the pro shop. 1
- Tee times are encouraged.
- Pro shop restrooms will be limited to one patron at a time.
- USE OF GOLF CARTS RESUMED AS OF July 15th
- A limited number of push/pull carts are available and will be wiped down and sanitized prior to and after each round.
- Carts will be wiped down and sanitized before and after each round including steering wheels, cart seats, arm rests, cart dashes, cup holders and gear shifts.
- Golf equipment provided by JAW/FTMA for use by patrons will be sanitized before and after use. 1
- Cups on all greens have been turned upside down. Once a ball has hit the cup it is deemed holed.
- The flag stick is not to be removed during play.
- All rakes and ball washers have been removed from the course. We would recommend that if a ball lands in a footprint or location that has previously been played from, it would be “Free Placement” with no penalty. Please smooth the bunker divot with your feet.
- Coolers have been removed from the course and bottles of water are available for sale in the pro shop.
- All flag sticks have been removed from the practice putting area and cups have been turned upside down.
- It is recommended to adhere to social distancing of 6 feet from others using the range.
- Balls will be thoroughly cleaned with soap after each pick before they are placed back on the range and range attendants will wear gloves.
- Range attendants will wear gloves when picking up or setting up range.
- JAW/FTMA will notify all patrons of its COVID-19 Playing It Safe protocols utilizing the website and on-course signage.
- Staff will be authorized to observe and professionally request adherence to guidelines when violations are observed.1
1 Protocol addresses a specific provision within the State of GA Governor’s Executive Order 05.12.20.02; page 23 – 25.
Last modified: May 17, 2021