For more than 30 years, The Authority was primarily responsible for venue operation and maintenance. In 1997, the Authority assumed a trustee's role, which allowed its nine-member board to concentrate on administration. This role also created an avenue in which the Authority could explore and recommend new alliances and partnerships.
The Authority is proactively focusing on planning, developing and providing greater sports and recreation for the public.
The Authority is committed to:
- Continuing a tradition of fiscal responsibility;
- Maintaining venues at an exceptional level;
- Providing innovative planning and partnerships;
- Assisting in the development of public recreation facilities for our youth;
- Enhancing relationships with the communities surrounding Authority venues;
- Working more collaboratively with business and community leaders, as well as local and state governments; and
- Redefining how the Authority serves the community at large.